Content Warning!

This blog on occasion addresses depression, death, suicide and other sensitive themes. Continue at your own discretion in reading the content.

Monday, August 13, 2018

Coming Back to Normal

My last blog post was December 2, 2017. The day after that posting my father passed away.  I had been talking to him, he was alert and walking around and then ten minutes later he was gone. Between July 2016 and December 2017, I lost both of my parents and the family dog.

Come May 2018 I'd say good-bye to the house. A place I called home for 43 years. Unfortunately, I couldn't take everything with me to my new place and had to leave so much behind.

To say 2018 has been stressful is an understatement.  I'm not completely settled in my new home yet which does not feel like a home at all. Admittedly, I feel like I'm house sitting or staying in a big hotel room that has one room filled with boxes.

I am slowly putting my life back together and with that I will be trying to be better about posting on a more regular basis.

Today's musical choice is a song from a singer named Del Reeves. He was real popular during my dad's younger days.  When I was younger my parents played music all the time and as I was packing up the house and going through my parents albums I remembered them playing this when I was very young.

So enjoy folks.  A country song when country was country.


Rock On!
~Maynard

One more video for today.


No comments: