Content Warning!

This blog on occasion addresses depression, death, suicide and other sensitive themes. Continue at your own discretion in reading the content.

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Book & Guitar

Hi All,

My book went into my back-up editor this week.  The story and the blurbs are now in another person's hands. The original cover I wanted for my book was denied permission by the owner. I get why but at the same time disappointed.  I scrambled this week to find a new one and emailed several people but no no responses at all.

Thankfully, a co-worker saved the day and went out and took photos similar in nature to what I was looking for mid-week. They came out very nice and I have several options I can go with regarding the cover.  I sent my photos off yesterday to a friend who is doing the cover design.  I hope to have some mock-ups in the next two weeks to pick from.

With my book out of my hands for a bit, it allowed me time to take my first guitar lesson.
My guitar instructor is really nice and easy to talk to. It's nice to talk to someone who not only loves playing the guitar but is willing to help others learn to play the guitar. I may have only played four notes today but my fingers certainly are feeling it.

I used to play the viola when I was a kid and so a bit of that old memory was starting to surface. Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge and FACE came to mind. I couldn't quite remember their importance but obviously my mind is try to do a bit of recall.  Do Ray Me Fa So La Ti Do raced through my mind and movie snip-its of Close Encounters of the Third Kind came attached to it.  You'd think I would have thought of Julie Andrews and the Sound of Music but no...It's Close Encounters of the Third Kind that came traipsing in.  Funny how our brains make associations.  The movie came out when I was six I think and the fact that I can remember it so well after all these years is pretty amazing.

Music is a universal language so let's talk to some aliens.  Enjoy folks.

Rock on!
~Maynard




No comments: