Content Warning!

This blog on occasion addresses depression, death, suicide and other sensitive themes. Continue at your own discretion in reading the content.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Random Things

National Novel Writing Month (http://www.nanowrimo.org) is fast approaching and I will be participating in it this year.  I hope some of you give it some thought and take the challenge. Even if you don't write 50,000 words in 30 days it is a fun activity and does take your mind off other things. Let your ideas flow.  Whether you write in silence or crank up the music like I do, give it a shot.

Speaking of music, the folks at Keeping The Blues Alive Foundation could use some help.  They are currently having a fundraiser to help kids across the country have access to music.  All kids should have access to music in one form or another. The foundation is doing a lot of different things:
https://www.causes.com/v2actions/1761101-donate-to-keeping-the-blues-alive-foundation-inc

My current piece of writing is coming along at a steady pace. It's hard to write some days after I have put in a full day of work but I write at least two or three pages a night if I can.

I do encourage all of you to pick up a pencil or a pen and write.  Even if you only write a sentence, a paragraph, a page, give writing a chance.  Writing every day allows new ideas to come forth, solutions to problems and a release of stress.  Writing is good for you. Trust me.

Rock on!
-Maynard

No comments: