Content Warning!

This blog on occasion addresses depression, death, suicide and other sensitive themes. Continue at your own discretion in reading the content.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Musical Memory Lane

 Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all doing well in your respective places around the world.  I am swamped at my full-time job which puts a slight damper on my writing activities.  I did complete NaNoWriMo 2013 by writing over 51,000 words and haven't finished my story.  I have a few more chapters to write but am near the end of the story I wanted to tell.

Due to the nature of the story I am telling that has given me the opportunity to revisit my past like I do on a regular basis as a way of rediscovering myself and learning about what got me to this point in my life.  Old memories have opened up and the darkness that consumed me when I was a teen and a young adult have come to the forefront.

This has caused me to pull out the old Megadeth album So Far, So Good...So What! from my CD collection. For as painful as my teenage years were listening to this album recently has made feel like I am discovering Megadeth all over again.  My teenage years come flooding back heavily and the memories of how this album helped me survive is with me. A reminder of how far I have come but have not forgotten where I once was.

Music is a wonderful gift.  It is there when we celebrate, it is there when we mourn, it is there when we are lost and it is there when we are found.  Music is a life line to so many things and for those of us who require it daily it is just as important as the air we breath.

Just for kicks I encourage everyone to dig out an album from your past and give it a listen.  How does it make you feel?  Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section or drop me a line.  I'm curious!

Take care all and hope the holidays are kind to you.  Don't stress to much and enjoy yourself!

-Maynard



No comments: