Content Warning!

This blog on occasion addresses depression, death, suicide and other sensitive themes. Continue at your own discretion in reading the content.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Version One Done

During the very early morning hours of December 30th, 2013 I finished the first draft of my story in its current format.  At 2:36am is when I typed my last word and saved my document.  I have been working on this particular story since 2011 but the original version wasn't working the way I wanted it.  I revised it twice in 2012 and then came up with the new version this year. 

The new version worked best to tell the story I needed to tell.  I read through the story yesterday adding new parts and removed a few lines I did not need.  I still have more work to do and could potentially add a couple of chapters.  I know that I could probably add more and that might be the best thing to do.

The tone of the story feels right but as I typically do I will hand my story off to a friend in its current rough draft form for input before I go at it again with a rewrite.  It feels good to have it done in a decent form.

I need to come up with a better title for the story as the original one no longer applies and the temporary one I gave it for the current version doesn't fit either.  I'm sure something will come to me as I keep tinkering away at it.

As the hours of 2013 wind down, I wish all of you all a happy and healthy 2014.

~Maynard

No comments: