Content Warning!

This blog on occasion addresses depression, death, suicide and other sensitive themes. Continue at your own discretion in reading the content.

Friday, August 11, 2017

Website Redesign and NaNoWriMo

Hi All,

The website redesign continues.  I've added a special section about my online radio station and some of the artists I play. It's not a complete list of the music you'll hear but the list is to give you an idea. You can tell I have a thing for guitar players!

As my radio station is slowly starting to get listeners a little at a time, I'm always getting artists requests to play their songs.  So to be blunt if you ask me to play a song on my station, it has to be registered with ASCAP, BMI or SESAC.  Having your song registered means when I play it on my station the licensing is covered and as the artist and publisher you get the royalties due to you.

There is no guarantee that I'll add your song to play on my station either.  With that in mind, a Helsinki (that's in Finland for you geographically challenged folks) based indie-electro band called Since November reached out to me.

Unfortunately, Since November doesn't fit my format but they're starting out and so I am sharing their first single with you.  Finland has a great music scene and no dissing their hockey team.  Many a Finn has made their way to the NHL and I can think of at least three who donned a Chicago Blackhawks sweater.  It was awesome to see Kimmo Timonen get a Stanley Cup ring.




It's mid-August and I am usually prepping for the writing challenge in November through NaNoWriMo and uncharacteristically I have nothing planned right now.  Yikes!  I have toyed with the idea of not doing it this year but I'm sure something will come to mind soon. It usually does.

I have a lot of projects going on so I suspect that is why I have had a minor lapse about November.
I'll get my butt in gear soon enough. Take care everyone and enjoy more music from Finland.

Rock On!
~Maynard




1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.