Content Warning!

This blog on occasion addresses depression, death, suicide and other sensitive themes. Continue at your own discretion in reading the content.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

October Rain Release Date

Hi Everyone!

It's official everyone, the release date for my book is October 1, 2007.

I hope to have an e-mail reminder box up soon so that you can enter your e-mail address and be notified when the book is available. Until that happens, you can e-mail me directly that you want a reminder notification e-mail.

I am nervous and excited. A writer is their own worst critic and I have definitely made myself go crazy about this book. There are pages where I feel I could have explained more or didn't do someone enough justice in explaining a relationship to them. Thankfully, I have this blog to explain such things when the book comes out!

I have a good group of friends who are lending me support as the release date looms closer. Someone asked me if I hope to make a lot of money with my book. I chuckled. The purpose of the book was to (1) see if I could write a book and (2) tell my story. I think there is a lot of good in my story and I know that it is a story that needs to be told. If reading my book helps someone out, then I know I did my job right. I just want people to read my book and walk away with something. Anything. Whether it's sadness, joy, understanding, enlightenment, whatever it may be. If my book can resonate with someone, than I know that this project was well worth the hard work I put into it.

Safe journeys to you all.
-Maynard

No comments: